The marketing specialist assists in innovative marketing and supplement tasks like public relations and promotion. To create awareness and desire for the product with a creative approach is the key aim of the marketing specialist. He/she studies the designs, logos, promotional materials like flyers, posters, banners, advertisements, newsletters etc and modifies them if necessary. Content and pictorial data are both equally important to create to compliment the campaign and business objectives/ policies.
Handling the annual marketing budget, assigning a new budget for the coming year and working within the budget is another vital duty.
Apart from these, training interns is also his/her responsibility.
- Organizational skills: To keep the work organized and well distributed among the team members
- Time management skills: Ability to prioritize urgent and important tasks, and to accomplish them in time
- Multi tasking skills: His/her duties may be to perform multiple tasks and projects within a time frame. Multi tasking with quality work is essential
- Leadership skills: To lead and mentor the marketing team to collective work for a project
- Creative and innovative skills: To make a campaign/package/content, etc like never before and that grabs attention
- Communication skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills to develop content and report to the executives, also to interact with subordinates and team mates regularly
- Computing skills: Along with basic computing must also know research techniques and software of data storing and image editing, to visualize campaigns and polish the creative outcomes
- Product and campaign analyzing skills: To study the previous and present product and their campaign, to analyze its strengths and weaknesses and report the concluding data
- Brainstorming skills: To create a creative or innovative idea or solution
- Problem solving skills: To deal with daily issues and past campaign issues of the product/ company